Pinball Ad Catalog Volume 1, 1931-33
depicts the ads and flyer/brochure images used to advertise the pinball games in
the historically important and formative 1931-33 period. See the very first ads used
to sell such famous titles as Baffle Ball, Ballyhoo, Five Star Final, etc.
Add to shopping cart: $24.95
This book is a reprint of the original version printed in 1997, which was
well received and sold out quickly. The book was originally
entitled A Catalog of Early 30's Pinball Ads. The book was renamed to be compatible
with the new ad catalog series that currently includes Pinball Ad Catalog Volume 2, 1934-35 and the new
Pinball Ad Catalog Volume 3, 1936 .
This new edition has been upgraded from the original version in the following ways:
- Several new ads have been included
- Most images have been further refined from the 1997 versions to improve clarity, contrast and
remove unwanted artifacts
- Blank pages used to separate the chapters have been removed in order to reduce printing
Hilites of this catalog:
- 174 black and white pages,(8.5" x 11"), spiral bound for easy page
flipping. Pages lay flat. All pages black and white.
- Ads for over 100 pinball games (from over 50 manufacturers) made from 1931-33
- Complementary articles for many of the most popular games, written at the
time of the game's introduction
- A Table of Contents ordered alphabetically by manufacturer (and
chronologically within each manufacturer).
- An index with entries for each game featured, plus a cross index of all
games alphabetically within each manufacturer. Handy when you know the name of the
game but not perhaps the maker.
Click here to view a larger version of the
color cover page.
Click here to view a sample ad from the catalog
Not yet convinced? Check out these additional uses!
This book is available here directly from the author (click on the "Add to shopping cart"
link above). It is also available from one of the many fine dealers specializing in
pinball/coin-op books (such as Marco Specialities and Crow River Trading).
All books purchased directly here will be signed by the author.
Last updated: October 1, 2011